An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at an established IT managed services provider based in Glasgow. Our client are a friendly, growing, privately owned business that has been established for over 19 years as a key player within Scotland’s IT services sector. The successful candidate should have outstanding people skills, excellent commercial and technical awareness and high standards of professionalism.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
• To provide 3rd line escalation technical support across a broad range of customers and technologies.
• To manage and implement IT projects to a high standard from inception to completion e.g. server installs, site-to-site connectivity, hardware rollouts, IT infrastructure.
• To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and projects
• To accurately update/maintain our ticketing system and SLAs.
• Respond to enquiries from clients and escalated tickets and effectively resolve any server hardware or software problems
• Liaise with third party software\hardware providers to expedite prompt resolutions for clients
• To effectively manage all tickets and projects assigned to him/her
• Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016 installation, operation and troubleshooting
• Hyper-V Virtualization installation, operation and troubleshooting
• Remote Desktop Services installation, operation and troubleshooting
• Exchange 2012, Exchange Online, Office 365 installation, operation and troubleshooting
• Active Directory and Group Policy Administration
• SQL Server installation, operation and troubleshooting
• Networking – Routers/Switches/Firewalls installation, operation and troubleshooting
• Connectivity – Experience specifying and deploying Fibre, MPLS, EFM, vDSL.
• Network troubleshooting TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN, IPSec
• Experience of remote monitoring and management software for IT services is an advantage.
In return our client will offer a competitive package and a progressive career path.