Anderson Knight are working exclusively with a forward thinking Glasgow based Mortgage broker to appoint a number of Mortgage Recovery Officers on a permanent basis. These roles will be responsible for supporting customers who are experiencing financial difficulty and reaching the correct outcome in line with their circumstances.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
- Effectively and assertively handle inbound and outbound telephony activity with customers who have contacted the organisation to discuss concerns about their ability to continue paying their mortgage
- Conduct detailed fact finds to understand root cause and affordability to assist with overall understanding of customer circumstances
- Negotiate affordable and sustainable repayment plans to drive the best possible customer outcome
- Recognise potential customer vulnerability and tailor approach accordingly to achieve positive outcome
- Progress accounts through the litigation process ensuring all regulatory requirements have been met
- Ensure all letters are issued in timely manner, keeping the customer informed of their account status
- Managing litigation processes with third party solicitors, up to and including court orders and repossession
- Dealing with shortfall recovery activity
- Interacting with third party service providers, including Debt Counsellors, Solicitors and Asset Managers
- Meeting agreed quality and performance targets
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 2 years customer service experience within the secured lending or residential or commercial mortgage market
- Understanding of the regulatory environment
- Understanding of collections, arrears management and industry regulations.
- Experience of liaising with third parties such as solicitors.
- PC skills including MS Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Planning and problem-solving skills