Anderson Knight is working exclusively with the Edinburgh International Festival to recruit a Management Accountant. We are searching for a skilled and passionate accountant to join a busy finance department. Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will facilitate the smooth running of the day-to day finances, as well as working closely with our programming team to ensure sound governance and transparent and informative reporting of our programme plans and costs.
EIF is a leading arts organisation with a local, national and international reach. It annually presents a world class arts festival in Edinburgh each August. The EIF group consists of a charity (Edinburgh International Festival Society) and two trading subsidiaries, one of which is dormant. Operating out of the Hub in the centre of Edinburgh, the four members of the finance team form part of the wider operations team, led by the Director of Finance and Commercial.
The main responsibilities the Management Accountant position entails are:
- Produce monthly management accounts for EIF and its trading subsidiaries.
- Reconcile the balance sheet monthly, ensuring discrepancies are dealt with
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns and reconciliations
- Reconcile intercompany balances
- Assist with statutory accounts preparation
- Continuously review and seek improvements to internal controls and processes
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with Artistic Management and other parts of Programming team
- Work with Programming team to set up programme budgets and report against these, including regular reforecasting
An experienced management accountant able to operate confidently within a diverse role. The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail and a track record in improving controls and processes. Highly systems literate, they will be able to demonstrate initiative, and be a strong team player. Someone who is prepared to roll up their sleeves and make things happen.
- Qualified accountant (CA/CIMA/ACCA) or QBE
- Good experience using MS Office with advanced Excel skills
- Experience in using a modular accounting system
- Knowledge and experience of maintaining a well-controlled financial environment
- Experience of production accounting, in an Arts organisation
- Clear and engaging communicator
- Highly analytical
- Experience in implementing new processes
- Experience in dealing with change
- Experience of preparation of annual financial statements
- Experience of preparing and monitoring budgets
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a prestigious organisation based in the heart of Edinburgh. To apply, please submit your CV below.