Anderson Knight is currently working on an exclusive basis with a major client who prides itself on delivering a professional service to its customers.
Our client has enjoyed year on year growth and due to this continued success, seek to recruit a hands on IT Operations Manager to join their IT Team reporting directly to the Head of IT.
Summary of Role:
Role of IT Operations Manager is to be responsible for leading and managing the IT Operations teams within the IT Department, who keep the IT environment secure, available and performing correctly throughout the entire production environment across data centres and a distributed network spanning multiple offices. This role is responsible for leading the IT infrastructure and Information Systems teams and all the daily operations, preventative maintenance, support and upgrades, necessary to manage the IT Infrastructure and business information systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively lead IT operations functions, ensuring adherence to policies, procedures, processes, agreed SLA’s and is accountable for the quality of IT service delivery and operational projects.
- Manage, maintain, document, train and support existing and future IT services
- Take full accountability of end to end delivery of IT services to meet agreed business requirements within timescale, cost and quality criteria working with the relevant internal and external resources to achieve desired results.
- Conduct regular performance monitoring and capacity testing of IT services.
- Management of relationships with suppliers and IT services and support contracts
- Working closely with the Head of IT to assist with change programmes, BAU and the creation of the future technical road map and IT strategy for the organisation.
- Ensuring that IT services are operating in compliance of the information security management system
- Responsible for the effective operation of the IT service desk and ensuring a high level of user support
- Responsible for the effective management and response to information security incidents
- Providing effective reporting on state of the IT operations
- Significant experience in a IT team leadership position
- Excellent decision maker doesn’t procrastinate and makes timely decisions.
- Educated to degree level in computer science or related discipline
- ITIL qualified to Practitioner or Manager level and experience of working in an environment that uses best practice methodologies
- Substantial experience working in a complex IT organisation
- Exceptional analysis, technical & problem solving skills
- Works well in and enhances a team environment
- Can manage their own time effectively and work to ensure agreed deadlines are met
- Is self-motivated to continuously learn and adapt their skills and knowledge
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels, verbally and in writing
- Capable of high attention to detail and accuracy in their work
- Confidence to challenge existing working practices and shaping the environment moving forward
In return our client offers excellent working conditions, hands on exposure to the IT team together with excellent career opportunities.
To apply for this excellent opportunity, please forward your CV in confidence.