Anderson knight are looking for an Information Compliance and Records Management Specialist to join one of our priority clients based in Glasgow. This is a full time role, on a fixed term contract basis for up to 12 months.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research, design and deliver a programme of training and guidance to staff at all levels
- Contribute to the development, revision and production of records and information management policies and guidance to substantially improve the management of the information resources, in particular in relation to electronic records
- Provide specialist advice to members of staff. Raising awareness of their legislative responsibilities and obligations under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, Data Protection Act 1998.
- Relying on a detailed knowledge and understanding of information legislation, assist in the consultation, when appropriate, between staff in resolving complex and sensitive records and information management and information compliance cases
- Assist in ensuring a high quality, customer-focused and continually improving information management service is delivered.
- Monitor and evaluate initiatives in information compliance within the sector and beyond, to assess their applicability and its requirements
- Degree Qualified, and relevant formal training i.e. a recognised postgraduate qualification in records and information management with a demonstrable commitment to continuous professional development
- A comprehensive knowledge of contemporary record keeping practices
- Knowledge of records management, data protection and freedom of information legislation in a public sector environment
- Awareness of the impact and issues evolving from UK information legislation case law
- Awareness of current guidance relating to the GDPR and the changing situation regarding data protection laws and an awareness of the potential impact on the company.
- Knowledge and awareness of the developing capabilities of IT systems, including specialist systems developed to meet the need of the records and information management market
- Effective communication, both written and verbal
- Demonstrable and extensive training and presentation experience
- Ability to work with all levels of staff
- Ability to work, under pressure, to tight timescales whilst ensuring high level of personal productivity
- Time management and prioritisation
- Ability to interpret business needs
- Organisational and analytical
- Attention to detail